Friday, June 8, 2007

Post: The State of Ufology

The following post contains some thoughts about my approach to understanding the UFO phenomena. The ongoing discussion has been whether or not preference should be given to the often contradictory abductee testimonies, or to mind control as an explanation of so much of same. This outlines my position pretty clearly.

Later I may discuss my own experience regarding alien contact, from the point of view that it is only worthy of discussion as my personal unprovable experience, about which I readily admit to too many variables to ask that it be believed just for the sake of it, or on my say so. About all of that I have my own personal beliefs, and so I would be forced to treat it comparably to matters of religion.

Post:

Camps are mostly political phenomena, in most instances. People trying to change the opinions of others. I am seen as a heretic in either camp, because I have an opinion of my own, which is all the word heretic really means.
 
Since I don't believe that it's one side or the other, I seem to offend everyone, given enough time.
 
What I've learned to do is to entertain a variety of different ways of thinking about the subject. There are those things in my experience, those things which I personally believe to be true due to my experience, those things which are proven to be factual, and those things unproven that would be most logical.
 
While I try to allow my experience and beliefs to inform my quest for any logical hypothesis, I try not to allow it too much weight, so that I can find that which would seem only logical to anyone.
 
Of course, no one escapes bias entirely, which is one reason I began to participate in theological debates, to sort of acid test my logic by having to defend it against people who were far more educated, and sometimes smarter than I.
 
This helped not only to expose flawed logic in my beliefs, but eventually began to reveal to me the nature of logic altogether by way of continued practice. I just hated to be exposed as the fool that I can be, and so it lead me to scrutinize my own logic very carefully. You see, I simply hate the taste of foot.
 
Between the two camps, mind control has a great deal of documented evidence, and to my way of thinking that gives first priority to the probability that mind controlplays an enormous part in all things ufological.  But since mind control doesn't account for things like fleets of UFO's flying over head on television, the answers don't begin and end there. It doesn't explain everything. So, I listen to accounts of abductions and so forth and wonder at them, trying to find some logical framework in which such statements may fit, but not dismissing much of it lightly.
 
So, when I look at such experiences and they strike me as if the aliens themselves must want to be known as monsters, are simply that politically inept, I have to ask how they ever manage to fly at all. Then I have to think that it makes more sense to me that we're looking at probably the most enormous frame up in all of history. That makes much more sense to me, since the stakes involved would presumably be like none others in all of history.
 
Likewise it makes sense that the same sorts of people who commit to psychological warfare know quite well the value of divide and conquer, which would seem to be a staple in their strategies and tactics. It would be little wonder then, that ufology remains not only confused, but deeply divided.
 
So, once again, if we are ever to discover much about aliens, we must first go through the government's attempts to prevent us from doing same. That, due to the presence of overwhelming evidence, should be the front behind which all ufologists unite. And since mind control is a fact, and those victims suffer from the same sorts of strategies and tactics meant to prevent further knowledge about psychological warfare, and employed for much the same reason of covering up what could be known, suggests to me that it would be good for both ufologists and those who research mind control to work together in demanding more answers from their government/s. Then, perhaps, we can begin to get to the bottom of all such mysteries surrounding both phenomena.
 
 
 

No comments: